Wednesday, June 17, 2009

i'll express it

hmmm...so my cousin texted me the other day...concerned about how the youth in our fam is all caught up in some type of frenzy...i know he was referring to the decisions a lot of us have made in the past year and how we have grown apart. He then followed this text with another message, disregarding his concerns and in a way implying that God will take care of it and everything is perfect as is.

......But instead of appreciating this text from my older, mature, recently college graduated cuz..i WAS SOOO OFFENDED..idk y i felt as though he was judging my life like if i'm not doing my own set of big things...I go to Spelman, I'm working full time this summer, I'm interning, I drive..I this I that......GROSS....listen to myself..y am I bragging...y am i sooo caught up in my own life...i then realized...THT IS MY SHIELD!!!

Everybody has their own shield hiding from responsibility, relationships, emotion and most importantly God......but what would life be without these factors??...frankly it would be meaningless and lonely. It takes leadership and courage to prioritize your life in a way that puts others before yourself. Maybe if I step out of this self absorbed exterior and expand on who I am and how I can positively contribute to the lives of others I wont find myself SOO OFFENDED.

There was a reason for his concern, he knows my potential...and not even jus that..i know my potential....Y put blood and tears into what wont matter in eternity......ima strip myself of this shield..i really am

No comments:

Post a Comment